Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Sick day #2

I'm home from work today feeling worse actually. Last night I took Nyquil and it knocked me out for about 12 hours. I woke up to my head being so congested that I felt dizzy. And things in there are changing colors so that means infection. Ugh. I'm just hoping I can try to prevent it from going into my chest. I'm doing my vest 2x a day, Sinus rinses 2x a day, and am on TOBI currently so that helps. I also got a RX for Levaquin. I'm trying to stay as Proactive as possible. So I hope this does the trick. This head cold or whatever it is is actually making my face hurt. Heres to a day in bed....and to feeling better soon. Oh you stupid cold, you won't get me down!!!

4 comments:

Piper said...

Hey Jess, so sorry to hear you're sick. I always liked the line from Sex and the City: "Nyquil doesn't cure anything except consciousness."

Here's hoping the TOBI works to keep it out of your lungs. Just take lots of "me time" and rest, rest, rest!

Sonja said...

Hope you start feeling better very soon.

P.S. I really enjoy your blog. My husband also has CF & it's nice to have other people around who know what it is all about.

Unknown said...

Have you taken Levaquin before? I find that it keeps me up at night...for hours. Do you have similar side-effects? Probably hard to tell right now when you are downing the Nyquil! :)

Jess said...

Piper- I love that show!! And thanks so much for the well wishes. I'm sending the same thoughts your way too.

Sonja- Thanks for checking out the blog! And thanks for the well wishes too :) I agree it's wonderful to have others who understand.

Colleen- Holy Levaquin! I had no idea that that was causing my insomnia!!!! For a couple days now even with Nyquil I'm wide awake and had no idea why. Geez!! I have a call into Hopkins to see what we can do to change it.