Friday, September 11, 2009

Tobramycin Remedies? Please.

I'm feeling better and I think I'm doing pretty good at keeping this cold out of my chest. Hooray for that. Those sinus rinses (as gross as they are) sure are amazing! I'm currently on my TOBI cycle, started 5 days ago. It works wonders and is so great, however I lose my voice just about completely every time I am on it. I've asked the doctors if there is anything I can do or take to help with this. They said they weren't too sure, but to just gargle warm salt water which doesn't help unfortunately. Maybe some others out there who take TOBI know something that works for the voicelessness???

I bought Airborne at Target today. I figure it can only help keep this cold from getting worse. And a little immunity boosting is always nice :)


*Remembering 9/11 we will never forget*

3 comments:

Katey said...

I would like to know too!! I didn't really loose my voice much in my pre-transplant days. But right now, my voice is very hoarse, and at times, I've felt like it's going to disappear completely!!! I hope you continue to feel better!!!

Unknown said...

I actually asked my CF nurse for you and she said the gargle salt water thing too...here's what I'm thinking though: what if you addressed the problem before rather than after? Can you try to coat your throat with something BEFORE you do TOBI? What if you had a spoonful of honey before the treatment and in the middle? Could be worth a shot...

Ronnie

Jess said...

Ronnie I really appreciate you asking your CF nurse. Thank you so much. You make a great point about addressing it before and during. Now I'm going to try just that. Finally get to put the honey bear to use :) I'll let you guys know how it works.