Tuesday, October 6, 2009

It's the Little Things

So after work today, I made a quick stop at Target. I was doing my thing and knocking out my list pretty quickly. Then this adorable elderly woman comes up to me and puts her hand on my arm and asks me if I know where the coffee pots were. Without hesitation I left the nail polish area (yes I'm obsessed) and helped her out. We got the coffee pot squared away and she was all set.

Before I left to continue my shopping she again gently touched my arm when she realized that I didn't work there. No red Target T-shirt, I was wearing my navy blue scrubs. She started to cry when she realized that I didn't work there and helped her. It was the sweetest thing ever. I was so happy to have helped her out, and never expected that kind of reaction. She said she was just so happy that I was so willing to help her. Once she realized I had scrubs on she asked me what I did. I told her I was a RN and she put her hands up gently around her face and said "Oh my goodness, you're so sweet, what a kind and gentle person." Wow I thought she was then going to make ME cry.

I have to say it's definitely the little things in life like this, that just make your day. It just feels good to help others....

2 comments:

niki36 said...

aww what a nice story =)

Anonymous said...

Well she sure DID make ME cry! How sweet!


Mel a/k/a JazzysMom