Thursday, August 19, 2010

My body despises Cross Training

I've been a rule breaker. Not really hard core, just funny really. My running plan calls for 4 days of running, 1 day of rest with a day of walking, and a day of cross training. I have yet to do the cross training honestly so I gave it a shot today. Now it's not like it's anything major it's just my stubborness in my brain. I have such a rush from running, and such an amazing feeling afterwards that I have no desire to do anything else.

Today I decided to follow the rules if you will and do the cross training. I did it, but my brain can't comprehend it, as if it rejects it. I did the bike, walked on the treadmill eventhough I was itching to crank it up and run, and did the eliptical.

Boo. Hiss. I watched the clock the whole time, tick, tock, slowly. I thought it was never going to end. I guess I am just so used to what I do and I actually feel the results by running. I reluctantly followed the rules and I'm glad I listened, but boy it wasn't easy.

0 comments: