Sunday, November 28, 2010

Thanks Day 27 (Our Christmas Kick off tradition)

The day after Black Friday Scott and I go out together. We usually do a little window shopping and start giving eachother ideas for Christmas presents. I love it! Then after that we always put up the Christmas tree and start decorating the house for the BEST time of year!!! (At least my favorite anyway)

We started off the day with a Starbucks stop for Pumpkin Spice Lattes. One word, delicious! Walked around the mall for a while, then had an amazing lunch at The Cheesecake Factory, my fav!!!! We both crashed when we got home and took a nap to refuel.

We got ourselves up in the attic, pulled the mound of boxes down and the decorating began!! I LOVE this time of year! One of the traditions besides the shopping, and decorating is wine. I pour us a glass of wine in a red and green wine glass. Yes yes, I know I am a huge nerd but that's ok with me ;) Oh, and the Christmas scented candles CAN NOT be lit in this house until the Fall scents have burned, and it's after Thanksgiving. So, needless to say my holiday Yankee candles are burning away making the house smell like the holiday's!

So, today (well yesterday since I'm a day behind) I'm super thankful for our Kicking off the holiday traditions. There's no one else I'd rather do these fun and special things with <3

0 comments: