Friday, October 23, 2009

In The Hospital (Pneumonia)

Well the Asthma exacerbation has turned into a little bit more. I went running on Wednesday evening and when I was done the 2 miles I thought I was going to be kissing the pavement. Whoa I could barely move air at all. So I decided to give it over night to see how I did. Thursday morning I called Hopkins first thing and give them a heads up. Immediately they wanted me to be seen. I left right from work and when I got there I knew that something was going on for sure. It felt just like when I had pneumonia in 1998. What a drag.

I did the PFT's and they listened to my lungs, lots of junk and rales in the bases, which landed me an admission. My FIRST adult admission ever I must say :( I know it's the best thing, but it's been tough to be here I must admit. Especially not being used to this at all is so weird. Each new nurse that I meet is puzzled that they don't know me. I guess that should make me feel good.

So I got the PICC put in this afternoon. I'm having TOBI and Cefipime infusing on me, as well as oral Bactrim. The PICC is apparently too far in my heart (In the Right Atrium) and it needs to be in the Superior Vena Cava. Now I'm just waiting for the IV team to come in and readjust me as needed so I can get my meds again.

I miss home, I miss the dogs, and just hope I can go home soon. We're waiting for Home IV care to be set up. However it being Friday, and everyone has left for the day I might have to stay over the weekend :( Fingers crossed that's not the case. Everyone has been great, and the well wishes I've received on Facebook, and texts mean the world to me.

Positive thoughts.

5 comments:

Sonja said...

I hope that you are feeling much better very soon and can go home & finish up your IV's there. I'm sure your doggies are missing you just as much!

Well wishes coming your way:)

Katey said...

Praying for you! Hope you get to go home tomorrow on home IV's!!! I know these meds will make you feel so much better. Pneumonia is no fun!!!

OceanDesert said...

Your first adult pneumonia!? .. wow! I know you'll be outta there and home SOON!

BTW- I loved your post on Ronnie's blog and wondering what kind of FEV monitor you purchased?

Jess said...

Thank you all SO SO SO much! I really appreciate all the support :) You're the best!


Ocean Desert-Thanks for checking out the post :) Here's the monitor I bought, I love it!

http://www.amazon.com/Microlife-PF-100-Meter-Spirometry/dp/B000BH8TUA/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=hpc&qid=1256493311&sr=8-2

Unknown said...

Hope you are felling better each day. Thinking of you!