Saturday, April 17, 2010

What A Week!

This week goes down as one of the craziest weeks we've had in a while. From good, to bad, to celebratory...

Scotts uncle passed away suddenly last week so we had to go to his services, very sad. It always scares me to hear that someone passed away suddenly without (yet) any kind of explanation. I know it sounds so cliche' but it really does make you realize how you just never know and to enjoy each day.

I've been trying to help out my Dad everyday with taking care of his dogs on my way home from work and the gym. He works right near where my Mom is, so it's alot for him to come all the way home and go back. I offered to help him out and take some of this off of him. Truth be told, I'm beat. This week was a little nuts, but in times like this you have to pull together and help each other out.

I had a week day off work. Not a big deal right? Wrong! Ha ha I usually don't get weekdays off so I took full advantage of it. My best friend and I went shopping all day from about 9-5. Ahh retail therapy ;) I got a bunch of things I need for upcoming events like a wedding and a First Communion. I also got to buy new pots for my plants since the 2 blizzards killed mine, or maybe I did since I didn't put them away ;) I finally found SHORTS!!! This is a big deal, believe me! In my size I can only find ghetto skank looking booty shorts, LOL, so I was very happy that Target had something cute and decent! It was definitely a day of accomplishments, fun, laughter, and down time that was oh-so-needed.

I visited my Mom this week and got to participate in her physical therapy with her. It was pretty cool to see her do her exercise and to see how far she's come with all of this. They are hoping to try to have her stand up and maybe start walking soon.

Yesterday was our 6th wedding Anniversary. Wow, I really sat there and thought about how fast the time has gone by these past 6 years, and it really has. We got dressed up and went to dinner at our favorite seafood restaurant. We each got a Lobster, shrimp, and clams. OMG it was delicious! Overall it was a great way to celebrate :)

Today, as I type this, our kitchen cabinets are here and being unloaded in the garage !!!!!!!!! I am so excited, but this is kind of surreal. The reason is, we've been talking about re-doing the kitchen for years now, and it's actually here, right now!

I'm also spending time with my Dad today. Each Spring we go out together and get our herbs, plants, flowers, and gardening stuff together. Can't wait, it's a beautiful Saturday, I'm up early, and ready to tackle and enjoy this beautiful day.

Tomorrow we are going on another hike with our Best Friends. Scott and I did this hike last year and thought it was so beautiful that we still talk about it. I'm definitely looking forward to using my new hiking backpack, seeing some waterfalls, and enjoying time outside.

That's it for now. Have a great weekend Bloggie Friends :)

2 comments:

Laura said...

I CAN TOTALLY RELATE TO YOU ON ONLY BEING ABLE TO FIND 'GHETTO SKANK BOOTY SHORTS'!! HAHA I HAVE DECIDED I'M ONLY WEARING CAPRI'S OR SUN DRESSES! HAHA HAVE FUN ON YOUR HIKE TOMORROW. TEXT ME GOOD SCENIC PICTURES IF YOU SEE ANY GOOD ONES!!!

TTYL!
LAURA

Jess said...

I'm glad I'm not the only one with the shorts issue ;) Hope you liked my picture text! It was an awesome hike!