Tuesday, November 2, 2010

30 days of Thanks (Day 2) My VOICE (3 fold)

Whoa isn't that like the longest blog title ever? :)

Today's Thankfulness is my voice. Not just the the sound that comes out of my larynx, but indeed more than that. Let me explain..

Today is Election Day all over America. I am so thankful to have a "voice" in the election. I'm allowed to voice my opinion, and it counts. How cool is that? This is something I don't take for granted and am very appreciative of most definitely. It's an honor to walk in to the voting facility and cast my ballot.

Another aspect of my voice is that I still have it. I've recently started back on Tobi and am just waiting for my voice to disappear. But guess what?, it hasn't! Hooray for still being able to speak, even though there is a slight hoarseness going on, I have my voice. I'm sure sounding like Rachael Ray isn't too far off, but today I have my voice for which I am thankful.

Lastly, my voice was heard at work today and I am very proud of that. To say the least I am completely non-confrontational, hate conflict, and am NOT good at voicing my opinion. I guess you could say I tend to hold things in. Well, one of the doctors was throwing a "mantrum" today (Male Tantrum) and I let it be known that it wasn't acceptable. Ahhh, my voice sure did me proud today. Today, this is what I am thankful for!

Exercise today included: 40 minutes on the Elliptical @ 1.65 miles :) I also joined what I think is an AMAZING running opportunity today. Go over to CL and check it out here!

0 comments: