Monday, January 10, 2011

Pulled muscle = OUCH!

I still am not 100% sure how I did this to my back. All I know is that the pain in so intense that It forced me to go to the doctor today (Which I totally try to avoid). When I woke up this morning I couldn't take it anymore.

I went into work and got the opinion of one of our Anesthesiologists. Turns out he just scared the you know what out of me because "well normally I'd say It's musculoskeletal...however with your Cystic Fibrosis you'd better get checked out." Rats! But being the good, overly worried patient that I am I obeyed his request.

I went to our local "Patient First" center and they were great as usual when I've been in the past. It's quick, no appointment, and It costs me all of $5 with our insurance. Awesome.

They wanted to make sure I didn't have a PE (Pulmonary Embolism), Infection, or Pneumonia eventhough I don't have those symptoms. Better safe than sorry, and I'm all for ruling out. So we agreed I have a severe muscle pull that they had to give me Flexaril. Yikes. I've never taken this before, but I was told It's either going to make me mega loopy and/or knock me out.

At this point I just want the pain to go away. I'm not a huge fan of it hurting when I breathe. It's like awful rib pain on Inspiration, not cool. Luckily a change in position and the pain goes away for the most part. Now If I could just sit or lay comfortably and we'd be great ;) Here's to the meds working!

0 comments: