Sunday, January 9, 2011

The Feeling of Loss

I don't think we ever get used to the feeling of losing someone. I think in our hearts and in our minds we try to prepare ourself and use past experiences to "cushion the blow" if you will. It doesn't work.

Yesterday we lost a wonderful person in our CF community, Geneva. My heart goes out to her lovely sister and close friend of mine Laura, along with her new husband and extended family. It's never easy to lose someone you care about, even if you've never met them in person. These bonds form with having this disease, heck maybe that's one of the positives to pull from having CF. I don't know.

I wish there was more I could do, more I could offer for them during this time. Living across the country doesn't make it easy to be physically available. I just hope they know how loved they all are, and they are not alone in this. These feelings of anxiety, sadness, and helplessness are only a few adjectives I can even think of at the moment. I strongly dislike this, you know what, I hate it. There.

Here's to a beautiful person. I hope you are breathing easy now Geneva.

1 comments:

Laura said...

awww so sweet. ;) I just miss her so much.