Sunday, January 30, 2011

10 miles

Luckily I'm pretty much always motivated to go to the gym and work out. Lately, with having such a loss in our CF community, It sort of upped my motivation. Granted I do have other reasons for this right now as well, however, moving on.I WILL work hard, I WILL stay positive, and I WILL keep going and not let CF get in my way.

This week I did over 10 miles at the gym. I am very pleased with this result. My rib pain/muscle pull is so much better which has helped in the exercise department. I spoke with my doctors and said that I needed alternatives to exercising with this pain. They said running wasn't especially smart right now, considering how much my your arms move while running. So I've chosen to do the stationary bike, and the Elliptical (minus the arms moving) as my exercise.

To kick It up a notch, I've increased the resistance, and done the "Cardio Mode" for both pieces of equipment. Holy sweat! It has been fabulous! I feel very satisfied, considering I can't run. Heck this might just be kicking my rear even more, and I couldn't be happier.

0 comments: